Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Camp Honeymoon


We went camping in Asheville, North Carolina last weekend. It was a great little getaway. We spent time browsing at the farmers' market, strolling through downtown Asheville, eating ice cream in the small town of Black Mountain, touring the Biltmore, and doing camp things like making fires, reading, and battling against the rain that wanted to come into our tent. Fun times.

Here are a few photos of our trip:

Campfires smell so wonderful. They're a little hard to make, but look! Success.

Our campground neighbors had this cool hippie van.

K relaxed inside the tent.

I tried so hard to like sweet tea (& isn't camp hair lovely).

Doughnut peaches were my favorite food of the trip. Second place award goes to a tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries at Tupelo Honey Cafe.





1 comment:

  1. I had to giggle at your sweet tea comment. I've lived in the south most of my life and I HATE sweet tea which always makes me the odd man out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin