Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

weekend snippets: over the river

old sign in new albany, indiana

Happy Valentine's Day!  Are you doing anything special? 

Valentine's Day on a Monday isn't too much fun if you ask me. I've got work, school, and a paper due tomorrow, so it's just a regular day around here. 


Today might not be special, but this weekend was lots of fun. We had a game night with my dad and sister, got to see a Kathleen Madigan show for free, and went for Mexican food at La Rosita.

I took some photos of our lunch trip. Mom, Jules, K, and I went for lunch across the river in New Albany. It's not far but it felt like a great little getaway.


old theaters make me so happy



monkeys in a tree



the muhammad ali center, louisville, ky


Do you see the faces made out of tiles? I love this building. As we passed it, Jules and I reminisced about meeting Muhammad Ali. i remember shaking his hand at the airport once when I was really young--maybe four or five years old--and then we met him at a restaurant when I was around ten. We both got his autograph then, and he did a magic trick for us. I kept his autograph locked in a small cedar box along with my Christmas money for safekeeping. Once our house was robbed, and the thieves broke the lock and stole my money. They didn't take my Muhammad Ali autograph, though. I was so relieved! I bet that scrap of paper with his name on it is still in that box at my mom's house, smelling of cedar. I'm going to have to find it again.


the start of something new

You guys, I haven't mentioned it around the blog for fear of jinxing it, but I've been knitting. As in, knitting actual things that people can wear. I'm so excited! I'll show you a finished object soon! 

7 comments:

  1. It took me a minute to find the faces!

    I'm excited to see what you're knitting up! My sewing machine is not cooperating right now, so it'd probably be a good time for me to practice knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat story about Muhammad Ali. My brothers used to faithfully watch him fight. Such bravado. Neat memories for you. And you're becoming a knitter? Best of luck, but never, ever forget your crocheting roots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for new knitting projects! Can't wait to see what you share.

    I didn't see the faces until I looked back. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gee, I am struggling with the knitting but I really want to knit.
    Thanks for your support in our mutual endeavour.
    When I was swearing today over the difficulty of casting off Oliver said
    "If you achieve something without struggle it's not going to be satisfying."
    My favorite part of knitting is still buying and rolling the yarn.
    I'll keep with it!
    And I can't wait to see what you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for knitting as well as crocheting! I've stopped knitting 9 yrs ago, and I'm still not missing my needles - I'm hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun with you this past weekend :) i love you

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin