Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Julie's Beading Spice Rack


This is my sister Julie.

Julie's minoring in art at school, and I love to see what she makes in her art classes. She gave me a sculpture of her roommate's head that she made in class last semester. It's very realistic and actually looks like her roommate. I feel like I've really gotten to know her since her head's been hanging out at our house all summer. (Hi Sarah! Hope you're doing well!) In her off time, Julie finds ways to be creative, too.

This summer she's been making lots of beautiful jewelry. Her style is feminine and elegant, sophisticated yet casual enough for everyday wear. She leans towards bronze, gold, pink, and brown and doesn't shy away from funky beads and charms. She brought over some of the things she's been making lately to show me.

Updated: Julie sent me a better picture of her creations.
Julie's necklaces, earrings, and bracelets


These are some earrings she made for me. I love the jewel tones and funky glass beads.


I also really love her bead storage. She was inspired by this spice rack makeover. Julie's beading supplies are now easy to tote around, so she can make jewelry wherever she feels the urge. She found her spice rack at a thrift store, cleaned it up, and added a new coat of paint. She usually stores her pliers in the empty space.

Overview


Beads in jars look so pretty


Close-up

If you've got any questions for Julie, feel free to leave them in the comment section.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin