Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fall Fever



I've got fall fever bad. I just didn't have a name for it until last week when I opened the newspaper to this comic. It seems like this guy is on to something...

Today is my first day back to school and work, and I'm ready to get into the groove of a routine. I'm ready to spend my evenings with a cup of hot tea, a book, and an open window. My hands are ready to get tangled up in wool yarn while making Christmas presents. My feet are ready to crunch fallen leaves on my neighborhood walks. My arms are ready for cardigans again. I want to shiver in the cool, smoky autumn air and then throw on a sweater for that delicious feeling of warmth and comfort. I'm ready to wear jeans and socks again.

I want to eat soup. I want to go to fall festivals and come home toting bags of apples. I want to bake with lots of cinnamon. I wouldn't mind a frost. I'm ready for hot, humid days to be just a memory.

I'm ready for fall. Hurry up and get here!


8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you !I can't wait for fall and all it brings !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since school has started, and my lazy days are through, I'm ready for fall as well.

    I'm through with this Hades-like heat. Bring on something below 80*. Heck, below 90*.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have 'fall fever' too! Autumn is the season I most want to get out and enjoy!

    (And I see you're reading--or read or will be reading--Sputnik Sweetheart. It was the first Murakami I ever read and I do believe my favorite. I might have to dig it out for a re-read!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, but we don't get fall in the tropics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! I only wish I lived back East so I could see the leaves turn for "real". Though we do have falling leaves here in Oregon it's not nearly enough to satiate me. Someday ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my favorite time of year too! We are having cooler days and nights here -- definitely Fall is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so ready for autumn! Espcecially since we'll have a little baby somewhere in autumn! yay for autumn!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin