Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

csa day: summer bounty



A box full of vegetables from Finger Pickin' Farms

This is what the box looks like when it's delivered to the front porch. Piles of good things waiting to be uncovered. I usually scurry out back with the box and my camera to document all the things we got. Not this week. It was too darn hot.


After the photo session, Dad and I divvy up the vegetables. This week we got tomatoes, squash, sweet peppers, hot peppers, green cucumbers, white cucumbers, potatoes, sun gold tomatoes, and green beans. Dad's excited that we're finally getting things he likes; he wasn't such a big fan of the kale or beets, but at least he tried to like them. 

* * * * * 


In other food news, last weekend I made some really amazing cupcakes if I do say so myself. Peach cupcakes with brown sugar cream cheese frosting. Yeah, my tastebuds are still having dreams about those cupcakes. I think brown sugar cream cheese frosting might just be my favorite frosting of all time. There's still an extra little stash of it hidden in the fridge that I will not be sharing (sorry K!). 

I halved the recipe and still ended up with 16 cupcakes. The only thing I'd change is to add more peach. I used two medium ones for half the recipe and it could definitely have used more. 

* * * * * 

Hope you're eating well this week!

7 comments:

  1. Your CSA delivers? Ours is right down the road. We go there and are told how many items we get for our half share. This week it was 5. For one item I got a pound and a half of potatos, for another item I got 8 carrots, etc. It's fun to choose but you get a box of surprises. I guess either way is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach cupcakes were DELICIOUS! Loved the icing!

    Have a great weekend!

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boxes make such pretty subjects for photos! And so do your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a haul! Dang.

    And peach cupcakes? I'm currently licking my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the recipe link, those cupcakes look and sound amazing, especially with the brown sugar cream cheese frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your CSA day photos. And your dreamy cupcakes - well, what's not to love about those?

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box looks yummy....I could gobble up all those little orange tomatoes. They are so good. And I must make peach cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin