Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Small things




Sometimes the world seems to hold too much sorrow for our hearts to comprehend. Where do we start when the bad things seem so very big? The only answer I can come up with is: start with the small things.

I am thinking of Haiti and also of so many other things the world throws at us. I read SouleMama's post today, and it dawned on me that putting one foot in front of the other is how things will get done.

There are many things you can do from where you are right now. Here are some ideas.

And all I can give you today is this poem about a tiny thing, which helps me to believe that my own actions aren't so small after all.

At night, quietly
A worm in the moonlight
Digs into a chestnut.


--Matsuo Basho

3 comments:

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin