Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pinwheel Friends



My sewing machine saw the tiniest bit of action this weekend. It's the third weekend in a row I told myself that I was going to finally finish up my second pinwheel pillow cover. The first needed a friend, you know? So there I was at 11 o'clock on Sunday night stitching this together so that I could reach my self-appointed deadline. Success!


The pinwheel covers are for my living room floor pillows. I don't know if it's from living in Japan or what, but I often find myself wanting to plop down in the middle of the floor to work on projects or just listen to records. These floor pillows make the hardwood floor a little more bearable.

These are made with vintage sheets from my growing collection. I can't get enough vintage sheets in my life! If you missed it the first time, I used this fun tutorial for making the pinwheels.

* * * * * 

In a happy coincidence, today is pinwheels for peace day! Thanks to Elizabeth for the heads up.


7 comments:

  1. These are so good. And the peek at your shoes is a perfect compliment! I think you are like me in your creative work - tidy and a bit of a perfectionist -no? (Not everyone can pull off the pinwheel!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that today was Pinwheel for Peace day? Love the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect match!

    Very cute. And perfect for lounging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't appreciate how BIG your pinwheels are. Oh, they are perfect for lounging on when studying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the first photo they seem so small. Then you see the second photo! They look beautiful. Especially as a pair. And comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so cute and look comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin