Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What I've been up to...


Reading.

And when I finish reading, I read some more. It's pretty much what I signed up for when I decided to go to grad school for literature, but I have to admit I'm surprised by just how much reading has been required.*

Luckily I have been reading some really great books and interesting essays to accompany them.


And I'm super geeked-out excited about one of the research papers I'll be writing.

Below are some of my sources:

Those top two have great titles: Cheap Amusements and Villains Galore

I've also found a fascinating website and am looking forward to combing through my university's collection of dime novels. Fun (and busy) times ahead!

What are you reading these days? I'd love to hear what you're reading for pleasure (or work/school/whatever).

* * * * *

*This stack only contains the nice-looking books I've been reading. I'll spare you the scads of photocopied essays and giant theory book. Blah.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Shining by Stephen King! So far, not too creepy. I just finished Part 1 and that was mostly a back track about the main characters (Jack, Wendy and their little boy).

    I'm hoping it gets scary soon! I chose it because I wanted something to give me the willies this autumn. Have you read it?

    It amazes me that you are excited to write papers! I wish I could get excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarabee! I have not read The Shining, but it has been on my to-read list for years. You'll have to let me know if you like it. The movie creeps me out, but I love it! It is perfect for this time of year.

    I'm not exactly excited about the writing of the papers, but the researching part will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin