Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I spy pumpkins


Such a welcoming doorway

Oh, it's October already! September really sailed past, and now my very favorite month is upon us. I'm so ready for autumn strolls, the smell of woodsmoke in the air, and wrapping up in quilts with cups of hot tea for company. I'm also ready for lots of apple cider, pumpkin bread, and my annual apple dumpling from the Harvest Homecoming festival. October is going to be a very good month. I can feel it!

I snapped these pictures in Maysville over the weekend. There was a chill in the air, and the fall colors looked quite spectacular.


Care for a hayride? Limited seating available.

The leaves aren't changing colors just yet, but pumpkins and mums are popping up everywhere.
They're adorning porches, doorways, sidewalks and courtyards.

Peeking into a courtyard

I hope October treats you well! What are your plans for fall? Have you planned things you want to do or foods you want to eat? Do you have autumn traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin