Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CSA Day: Squash, roots, and greens


Starting on the left we have spinach, sweet potatoes, squash, tatsoi greens, turnips, lettuce, and kale, all from Finger Pickin' Farms.
I think I'll make a big salad with the lettuce and spinach. I made one last week with lettuce, arugula, broccoli, tomato, egg, and cheese. The leftovers were a wonderful, filling lunch. I also made some homemade thousand island dressing--a riff on my Grandma Alice's recipe--and it's the kind of dressing that makes me want to eat salad every day. Seriously, I wanted to dive right into the bowl.
We've got quite a few sweet potatoes, so I'd like to make some soup. I usually make sweet potato, cabbage, and peanut butter soup, but I'd like to try something different. Any ideas?
The end of our CSA subscription is coming up fast. We've still got two more weeks left, but I don't want it to end!
I hope you're eating well this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin