Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

CSA Day: Fall's Bounty



We got such a great array of vegetables this week from Finger Pickin' Farms.

There are butternut squash, tatsoi greens, potatoes, carrots, a variety of hot peppers, shunkyo radishes, and turnips. I'm really excited about this week's produce! I'm eager to make a spicy butternut squash soup, and I already used some of the carrots in last night's Brazilian Black Bean soup.* I'd never heard of tatsoi greens before, but Nick (the farmer who runs our CSA) recommended using them in salads or stir-frying them. I'm leaning towards a big stir fry, perhaps with garlic mirin sauce and rice.

The eggs are from Misty Meadows Farm. I also picked up some apples from them, which I can't wait to eat with tomorrow's lunch.

What are you eating this week?

* * * * *

*This is seriously a soup to fortify your immune system for flu system. In addition to the requisite black beans, it has onions, carrots, green peppers, garlic, a jalapeno, and orange juice. Don't you feel healthier just thinking about it?

1 comment:

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin