Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Kristie

A bookmark for a letter-writing friend
I recently cross stitched this bookmark for my friend Kristie and since she's received it, I can share it here. I love the way the deer turned out and the pun! Goodness me, so corny, but I couldn't help myself.

Kristie and I have known each other for 8 years now. We met at a summer program during high school and have been writing ever since. We started off exchanging emails, but at some point we switched to writing letters. I do love sending and receiving letters. It's much more personal than emails. We've sent letters from different Kentucky colleges, from the Netherlands and France, from Japan and Michigan. I hope we continue for our whole lives.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree with you. The email are faster but a letter written by hand, whit a beautiful paper and even the stamp... It has a romantic touch! The bookmark is very cute. I love the deer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin