Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Blue Doily Pillow




Hello! How are things going with you all? I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I don't know about you, but after the holidays I just want to curl up and hibernate for a good long while. Instead, I've got a bit of work to do for school this week, some school books to buy, and lots of crafting to squeeze in before the semester starts again.

Another thing on my to-do list is to show you all of the secret presents I made for Christmas. So, let's start off with this blue doily pillow cover that I made for my mother-in-law. The fabric is a linen-cotton blend that's smooth and soft, and the doily is one we used to decorate the tables at our wedding. I knew my mother-in-law would enjoy having a keepsake from that special day.

It's the same style as the other doily pillow covers I've made--envelope-backed cover with a hand-sewn doily  adornment. I loved the time I got to spend on the couch, covered with quilts, watching bad (yet so hilarious) daytime TV, and hand-sewing this pillow cover.



Here's a photo of the hand-sewing process, taken while cuddled up on my couch.

What handmade gifts did you give or get this year?


3 comments:

  1. Allison -- They're lovely. Those gifts are very thoughtful and really reflect YOU. I'm sure they will be loved for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison - I do love the pillow & you are so correct in thinking that I would so very much enjoy having a keepsake of that special day.

    I'm so glad that I was the topic of your blog today.

    Have a great week! - Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi-Thanks for the kind comment. I do hope my handmade gift will stand the test of time. They mean so much more than plastic gadgets and gizmos.

    Phyllis-I'm so glad you like your present. Thanks for all of the lovely things you gifted me! I'm so lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin