Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Strawberry Season

Loads of strawberries in the back of a truck, $12 a gallon




Mom, Tomoko, and me enjoying our giant strawberry shortcakes

Refreshing frozen strawberry drinks


On Saturday morning Mom, Tomoko,* and I drove to the Starlight Strawberry Festival in southern Indiana. Mom used to take my sister and me when we were young. I remember the highlight was always the "Make your Own Strawberry Shortcake" booth, where we loaded on as many strawberries and as much whipped cream as possible. Actually, that was a highlight again this year!
In addition to gorging on sweet little strawberries, we also meandered through a yard sale (I scored some yellow and pink vintage sheets and some cross stitch paraphernalia), looked at craft booths, saw the crowning of this year's Strawberry Festival Queen, cheered on a pie-eating contest, and gulped down some oh-so-cool strawberry drinks. It was a full, fun time.



*Tomoko is a Japanese student who is currently staying with my mom for a month. She was actually my student for the two years I taught in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin