Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

one stitch pony



  Last weekend I went to a going away party for my cousin Amy. She's a surgeon (awesome to have in the family!) and will be moving to Minnesota for a year with her husband and adorable son for a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. She's super-cool and I'll miss having her around. Plus her son is the cutest kid I've ever seen, and I hate that he's going to do all of that growing up where I won't be able to see him.
 As a going away present, I wanted to give Amy a little reminder of Kentucky. You know, so she doesn't forget where she came from and so that she'll remember to come back after a year. I started out by tracing the state's outline from my handy-dandy wall map, cut it out in some scrap fabric, and sewed it on to a white and blue polka dot fabric. I can't get enough polka dots! I cut out a tiny pink heart to mark Louisville's location and embroidered the saying, "Home is where the heart is." I love the way it turned out--very cute. I also love that I can just write out the words I want to embroider, and when I sew over them it still looks like my handwriting. 
 Amy really liked the embroidery, and I loved making it. I think I'll be making lots more of this type of thing in the future.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin