Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Simple Sweet Potato Soup


Last week I overheard Harley, one of my coworkers, telling some people about his lunch--sweet potato soup. He started giving the recipe and my ears perked up. I butted in, asking him to tell me, too. He was nice enough to start the recipe from the beginning again. Thanks, Harley.

The recipe is a good one. It's simple, easy to remember, and a cinch to adjust to the quantities you have on hand. That's because Harley didn't give any specific quantities for his recipe. It's a throw everything in the pot and let the magic happen kind of soup. I think you're really going to like it.

Sweet Potato Soup

Ingredients:

onion, diced
garlic, minced
ginger, finely chopped
vegetable broth
sweet potatoes, baked or boiled. Cut half into large chunks. 
Mash the other half.
coconut milk
curry powder
a little vegetable oil

Heat the vegetable oil in a soup pot. Add the onions, cook until translucent. Then throw in the garlic and ginger for a minute or two. Pour in the vegetable broth. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and stir until smooth. Put in the rest of the sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and curry powder to taste. Heat until it's warm enough to make you happy. Tastes great on a cold day with homemade bread. Tastes even better if you can get someone else to make it for you (thanks, K!).

* * * * * 

Hope you all have been having a good week! Mine has been busy with school and dreaming up crochet projects. I've got a finished project to share with you soon (hopefully with my very first pattern).

*We ate this soup up before I thought to take a photo of it. Oops.

6 comments:

  1. Please tell Harley I said thanks too! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to the soup list...now.

    Yumz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! I will definitely try this.

    Have a great weekend!

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a keeper. I'm adding this to my list to pick up a few of the items. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to try this it sounds warm and good perfect for on a cold day for lunch :)
    I'm in the mist of many crochet projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, this looks like just the thing for chilly days! Bookmarking this to make in the future, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin