Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cozy Crochet Before Winter's End





Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

I, um, don't have anything green for you today, but I'm sure you can peek out your door and see some green shoots and buds. It's almost spring!

With spring almost upon us, I realized I better show you some warm things I've crocheted before the sun returns, and we all want to throw off the wool. 

Above is a cowl I made on Christmas day. Can you believe it took me three months to show it here? I took this Noro yarn with me in the car on the way to K's parents' house and had this cowl by the time we arrived. 




I used half double crochet, crocheting in the back loop only every other row to create the ribbing. 

I found the wooden buttons at the flea market.

The yarn is beautiful and the cowl is so warm. I'll be putting it away soon because I've heard the sunshine is coming back. I look forward to pulling it out again next fall. 

Next up: socks! I've just got to weave in the ends and take some photos.

* * * 

I hope you're having a lovely week.

 I'm on spring break! Someone asked me what I was doing over the break and all I could say was, "Sewing!" It's true, my sewing machine has been humming every day. Lots going on here...

4 comments:

  1. Love your choice of yarn. I too have a cowl that I've yet to showcase. Maybe on earth tones day. It's brown after all.

    Yours is quite nice...and I can't wait to see what else you've been busying yourself with.

    Happy St. Patty's Day & happy spring break!

    **I tried to leave this comment before, but think it might have ended up on one of your other posts. Phone screens can be finicky.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty crocheting and great color choices. Now, tuck it away....The sun is shining (at least it is here)! I can't wait to see what you're stitching away at. I'm in a real sewing mood myself.

    Happy Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Looks like you had a very productive Spring Break. I love what you did with the Noro yarn!!! I really like how the color changes between the light pink and electric blue. I'm so glad that it's been transformed from a spool(?) of yarn into a beautiful cowl. If yarn has feelings, I bet it feels happy to have been transformed into something useful (and pretty!).

    Anyway, hope you enjoyed the rest of the break and are rested for finishing up the spring term. (I know I can't believe I'll be back in class tomorrow already. Agh!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin