Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

weekend snippets: pizza bread

My father-in-law David's specialty at family get-togethers is pizza bread. I was hanging around the kitchen this weekend when he was making it, so I snapped some pictures.

Here's his pizza bread recipe in photos:



Layer ingredients


Cut dough and criss cross




Bake


Devour


* * * * * 

We had a really delicious trip to Maysville over the weekend. To celebrate the winter birthdays, my mother-in-law Phyllis made a fantastic turtle cake. Knowing that I had a leftover piece of that cake in the fridge got me through a tiring Monday. Find the recipe here. Phyllis highly recommends the website it comes from, Just a Pinch.


11 comments:

  1. that looks so yummy....
    glad you had a good trip
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your Monday was tiring too? Ugh. I'm glad it's over with. That pizza bread is a thing of beauty. I used to make a pepperoni bread, but it was not nearly as artfully arranged as your father-in-law's. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks devine, it's 9 am here and I am drooling! Evil ;-)
    Yay for a nice trip!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh - yum yum, guess what I'm going to try this weekend, we (boys and I) make homemade pizza but usually the traditional open style, your f-i-l's pizza bread looks excellent. I find Monday's a drag too, but that is probably coz it's a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bread looks delicious!! I would love to try it, maybe I'll show my sister, she's more of the cooker/baker

    ReplyDelete
  6. That *looks* so good! And I bet it tastes good too with all those veggies in there--yum!
    Hope this week treats you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks incredible. He is simply brilliant.Now that website that your mother-in-law referred. I am so there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks perfect for our friday movie night-cool!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin