Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

the oh-so-quiet hat


every day this week has felt like a storm of work to do, classes to attend, books to read, homework to write. sometimes just trying to keep up is the best i can do. i've felt barely able to catch my breath, and when i have had time to pause, all i want to do is just that...pause. 

i've needed quiet.

i've craved stillness. 

and so please excuse my lack of words about this hat.


it's simple and black and has the loveliest raised arcs.

i made it last week. maybe the week before. everything is kind of blurring right now.

i'm keeping it for myself because that's the kind of crafter i am.

find the pattern here. it's on ravelry here. my version is here.

* * *

just a heads up (haha), i do have some yarn, a hook, and the yearning to make something for someone else. maybe you. stay tuned for more details.

15 comments:

  1. it's a very nice hat! hope you're finding some quiet time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop for quiet moments. I'll try that this week.
    That's a nice hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I'm not sure there's anything more simple or stylish than a black hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I hear you on the whole whirlwind rollercoaster. life is indeed going at a fast pace at the moment. half the time I don't think I'm even keeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something must be in the air -- I'm sensing lots of folks have a bit much on their plates this week. Hang in there -- one more day until the weekend (a three-day weekend, I hope, for you). Oh -- and your hat turned out great. You're now officially ready for winter -- right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dark color! It takes a simple hat to a dramatic level.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely hat! I wish that I could find a hat to suit me, yours looks great.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh, nice hat! I just found your blog, through the wonderful i-crochet, after spotting the cafetiere cosy. I've been experimenting with crochet cables myself - addictive, aren't they? Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh i love your hat...
    it almost got a little cool this week, but now it's going to be in the 80's again tomorrow..

    happy weekend
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Thanks for the link - again!!! Hope you've being able to slow down a bit, and catch your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just spent the past 20 minutes pouring over all the loveliness in your blog...
    Can't tell you how happy I am that you stopped into mine today, just so that I could discover yours!

    Thanks for the lovely comment about my blanket :)
    I think I may give this hat a try sometime this week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. the hat is gorgeous and so are you! Loving your photography! My fave shots were the wedding ones from the atest post, but I really loved the one of you walking on lake Eerie, it's so cool seeing actual pctures of places I learned about in school but have never been to!
    Love Alice XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin