Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In progress: Magazine Rack

K in the workshop

As I mentioned in a post before, we went to Maysville over the weekend so that K could get some woodworking lessons from his dad. The project he picked out to work on was a magazine rack. K's a practical guy, and let me tell you, we have a LOT of magazines cluttering up our house. Our insane magazine collection stems from my inability to throw things away. Yes, I know, magazines can easily be recycled, but there are lots of magazines (like The New Yorker) with essays and articles that I'd like to reread, and even more magazines that would make excellent craft fodder. So, K wanted to make something to catch all of these periodicals.

He's still got to sand and varnish this piece, but I think it looks beautiful. He made it out of maple and is just going to put clear varnish on it because he likes the light color.

It folds up nice and neatly for easy storage and portability.

Excellent work and craftsmanship, K! I can't wait to see what he makes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin