Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crocuses and fuzzy branches


I've started wandering again, snaking down sidewalks and clomping through brick alleyways. I'm so glad that warm, sunny days have returned. Today, fueled by coffee and clementines, I headed out to find signs of spring. 




Delicate stripes. I wish I had a dress made of these petals! Wouldn't that be lovely? I could twirl around in the breeze, then curl up in a patch of sunlight and snooze the afternoon away.




I love these furry little flowers, even though I have no idea what kind of tree this is. I think the color looks great with that blue sky.




Bright purple crocuses, sunning themselves.




More fuzzy branches. 




Such a brilliant yellow! These flowers must have soaked up lots of sunshine.

* * * * * 

How's your spring coming? Any special springtime activities happening yet? K and I are picnicking in the park for dinner! I'm so excited about it.


5 comments:

  1. Awwww. That sounds so sweet.

    My favorite sign of spring is still being able to wear flip flops.

    Pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The petals on those first flowers are absolutely gorgeous....I'm in awe of mother nature. You've definitely captured the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Happy Spring to you! The weather here has been beautiful, so I'm hoping to sneak in a little spring hike with my twin this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what crocus goodness! we're still waiting on these little lovelies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow where are all these pretty flowers? I'm glad to know they're out there blooming in Louisville somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin