Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thread Necklace


A couple of weeks ago my mom picked up oodles of little spools of thread at a yard sale with me in mind. I was happy to take this treasure off her hands.

There's actually no spool in the middle; it's just thread wound up into a bead shape.

Looks like a bead, so that's where my mind went, and I created this thread necklace. I love the simplicity of it and the double-take effect of seeing thread when you're expecting to see a bead.

It's my ode to sewing, handmade creations, and old-fashioned resourcefulness.

Plus, I like the idea of having some thread around so that in case of an emergency I can use it MacGyver-style to extricate myself from a dangerous situation.


I plan on adding a bit of glue to secure the ends, but I haven't had time just yet (and haven't had any problems with unraveling either).

I've got these little thread beads in several different colors, so you know I'll be making a necklace to go with every outfit.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Nice necklace. I never knew you were so crafty and then I took a quick glance through your blog archive and wow! Now I am a follower of your blog!

    Anyway, I know we've said it in the past plenty of times, but we should definitely make time to hang out and catch up!

    ps: I have a blog too...I don't keep up with it as often as I like but I think you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!!! certainly you need one in every color...
    (and maybe you should sell them too :)
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, Allison..! I love how you find beauty in unexpected places - and express it in original ways.
    -maria

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin