Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

CSA Day: Green Galore


Nick of Finger Pickin' Farms loaded up our CSA box this week with lots of wonderful things.


We got okra, a bounty of sweet peppers, two small watermelons (I think they're Sweet Mountain Yellow), a heap of green beans, a mountain of potatoes, and a couple of cucumbers.

The okra slid into a skillet shortly after this picture was taken, and oh-my-goodness--where have you been all my life okra? We sauteed it with olive oil, sprinkled it with sea salt, and devoured it. Tonight made me a complete okra convert!

Today at the farmers' market I met Sue, who writes the Phoenix Hill Farmers' Market blog and her personal blog Urban Little House. It's the first time I've ever met a blog friend, so it was pretty exciting. (It was great meeting you, Sue!)

***

Just out of curiosity, what are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin