Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

stocking stuffer




Thank you all so much for the comments you left on my last post. I love sharing sweet moments with you because those are the moments I want to savor, and it's much harder to relive or try to put words to the difficult moments. Thank you for being so kind. I'm lucky to have you all around!

* * *

And now, I really think we need to talk about this Christmas thing that's rushing full force at me. We haven't decorated yet, not even a measly paper snowflake, and we certainly haven't bought gifts yet. But all that will get done, this weekend I think, and then we'll still have a week and a half to laze about eating Christmas cookies. Ah, that's a nice thought, right? I'm going to try to keep calm during the Christmas frenzy festivities this year.

I don't have many handmade gifts to give this year because a certain baby doesn't leave much time for crafting. One of the few gifts is this bunny for my little guy. The pattern is called Nana's Bunnies and it's from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies, a book I found at the library that has lots of patterns I like (especially the pixie hat and car coat). Anyway, this sweet bunny was featured on the book cover and was the reason I picked it up in the first place. I knitted mine from scraps of cotton yarn and stitched a jingle bell inside to add to the fun. It's a quick knit if you still need a stocking stuffer for a little person in your life.

* * *

Are you giving handmade/homemade gifts this year? I'd love to hear what you're giving!


5 comments:

  1. What a cute project. It has great texture for little hands and it's a toy he can put in his mouth.
    My niece will be getting a ripple for Xmas, one that's long overdue. And she's getting a cardi for her December birthday. My nephew will be getting a hooked eel but it'll be a late Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so sweet, i love that book and have made a few things from it, the bunny too! your cabled hat is beautiful, looks so nice on your husband. your post before this one touched me, it could have been written by almost every mother. this is just a moment in time, it goes so quickly (but not when you are in the middle of sleepless nights!). it's really lovely you have found ways to nurture yourself.
    i'm knitting hats for my (very picky) grown up sons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bunny. He is adorable. Keep calm and enjoy the crazy of Christmas. It can be so much fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny is a perfect stocking filler. Do not worry, craft time returns. I am trying to finish a dress up costume for my daughter and haven't started an explorer vest for my son yet. But they are sewing projects so hopefully fast. The kids and I are also making cards and hair clips, key rings and decorations as gifts. It is like a child labour camp here but with treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that bunny!
    Sadly, I don't think I'm making much of anything handmade this year. Though, I'm thinking of starting some after-Christmas gifts, as I know some people who need new socks and possibly convertible gloves. I'm not going to stress about having them done by the 25th.
    But I am planning on making food! Cheesecake, vegetarian rouladen and more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin