Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

home and hearth





 



Indeed, things are beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. We've had cold, snowy days and cozy nights by the fire. We were happy to have crisp white snow stick around for a bit last week. Snow usually melts away quickly here, except for the dirty gray piles that hang around parking lots for ages. 

The tree is up, most presents have been bought, and I have been knitting on one last gift at bedtime. I've almost finished the knitting part, and then I'm thinking of cross stitching a design on it. I've never tried that before, so I'm excited to see how it works out.

Can you see what a difference a month makes in my little guy? The top photo was taken last month, and the bottom photo is from this month. He's eight and a half months old already! He loves looking at (and touching) the lights on the Christmas tree and climbing on top of the wrapped presents. 

* * *

I hope you all are staying snug and happy these days. Good luck to all of you still working on handmade gifts. We're down to the wire!



6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! Baby is adorable and so handsome. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that last photo!
    happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm knitting away furiously, too, but trying to enjoy every stitch as my knitting is meant to be fun and not work! Your little guy is a total gem. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing how little man has grown! Thank you for sharing your gem with us.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will decorate the house this weekend too. My family is coming on Thursday! Your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things look lovely! And the little guy is getting so big---and that look in the last photo! :)

    It's oddly warm and foggy here today so it looks like the pretty white blanket of snow we had will be mostly gone (if not all gone) come Christmas...

    I'm excited to see what you are going to cross stitch. (I've never done any myself.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin