Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

weekly wanderings: morning on the dock



one morning last week i found myself alone on a dock at the lake with a cup of coffee. the water was still and quiet. the birds were awake and chirping, and the fish were nibbling my toes. it was a wonderful way to start the day.


breakfast time



shore view



treasures from the beach--i'm pretty sure the second object is an unripe persimmon

* * * 

i won't lie. it felt very nice to be away from the computer last week. i enjoyed not having the pressure of coming up with new blog posts. i liked being able to just go and not have to worry about when i'd have time to blog. life felt very full and calm. that said, i missed this space. i missed writing and hearing from all of you. have any of you felt this push and pull, the love and hate of blogging? how do you strike a healthy balance?

9 comments:

  1. What great photos Allison! You always capture unique views. Made me think of that pedi you can get w/the fish in Japan. LOL
    Glad you had a lovely rest. XO
    P.S.
    THanks for entering my giveaway! Hope you win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you've got to be kidding me! I JUST wrote all about this on my blog - about the need to find balance. It is so lovely to know there are others out there that feel the same way. These photos you've snapped are beautiful! I'm glad you're back - but man do I get it! I invite you to read my post! Some people are starting to leave comments about finding their own balance or feeling the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to pop in and say 'Hello friend'.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time away is a wonderful thing. I can totally relate to your mixed feelings about this blogging business. I've been having second thoughts about it -- mainly because I'm not sure where I want to go with it and it is a commitment. For some reason this summer, I'm not really "into" commitments. I guess you should do whatever it is that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I've missed your blog posts! These pictures are so relaxing...made me feel like I was there. You always capture the moment.

    Have a great week!

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely start to a day. I understand the feeling. Been there many times. Taking breaks from the computer has been really healthy and a bit of an awakening for me on multiple occasions!
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm allowing some thought to simmer about the whole sabbath manifesto I mentioned on my blog yesterday and doing the sundown on Sat to sundown on Sun away from the computer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going through that right now!

    I've been experiencing similar mornings the past few days. We are at the lake...and it's bliss.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin