Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Handmade Holidays


I've always thought of the weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving as a kind of frigid wasteland. Life is pretty regular, just colder and with nothing much good happening. I thought November would feel the same this year, but I am so happy to be wrong.

I woke up very unsuspecting on Sunday morning, and when I suddenly realized that it was November 1st my whole world felt cheerier. The time had come to start making ingredient lists for holiday baking and to figure out what I'll be taking to family Thanksgiving parties.

Even better, I realized it was time to really get cracking on making Christmas presents. (Picture me smiling so big that my eyes squinch shut.) Imagine my delight when I saw that Sew, Mama, Sew! is filling November with 30 days of tutorials and creative ideas for hand-making holiday presents. It's only the 2nd of November and they've already blogged about lots of cool things I want to craft. They're also giving something away every day. Check out the amazing prizes here. And, if you're not into crafting, but still like to support individuals who make things by hand, Sew, Mama, Sew is including ideas for buying handmade as well.

I hope November is going splendidly for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin