Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Art in Public Places: Asheville Edition

While we were traipsing around downtown Asheville, browsing through shops and galleries, I snapped some pictures of the paintings that I saw outside. I just can't get enough of this kind of public art. Downtown Asheville is fun and funky, so the art we saw reflected the city well. Here's a little sampling of what we saw:


Bright and colorful painting on brick

Part of a huge wall mural in downtown Asheville

Growing plants in old shoes! (and can you see us in the window?)

Flowers painted on the wall of a public parking lot in Black Mountain, NC

I love that part of this old advertisement remains even though the building has been repainted.


I hope that you're enjoying your Sunday! I'm getting a sewing lesson from my mom this afternoon, so hopefully I'll have a finished product to show you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin