Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Radish Me

Mom's foot posing with our vegetables

We picked up our CSA box on Tuesday, and it was bursting with leafy goodness. We got 4 different kinds of lettuce, red Russian kale, and bok choy, along with 2 quarts of strawberries, turnips, and scapes. I also bought some eggs from Misty Meadows Farm and some basil to plant.
Speaking of planting, I've got to get out today and do that. My little garden is growing (ha)! Yesterday Mom brought over some starts of herbs--oregano, dill, parsley, and chives. I've got to plant those, my basil, and some flowers. I love our garden!
We have 5 heirloom tomato plants that are doing well. I'm most excited about the Russian variety called "Black Krim." We replanted our watermelon after the birds gobbled up our first plant. Let's hope this one gets a chance to grow. I also planted okra to use for craft projects. We've got lots of herbs for tea and also some pepper plants. For years I've dreamed of staying in one place long enough to have my own garden. I'm so happy that it's finally happening!

Here's a radish-filled salad with tofu and cucumbers. K and I love to make spring roll salads, meaning we put all of the ingredients we'd put in a spring roll into the salad. That way we don't have to roll anything up. On top of this salad we put sesame rice noodles, bean sprouts sauteed with soy sauce and sugar, and of course, sweet chile sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin