Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

loving lately



Strawberry jam shortbread cookies from Apples for Jam

It feels like summer here. We've had hot days and warm nights. Last night we sat outside with friends, talked, and stargazed by candlelight. It felt like the perfect start to a summer of fun.

In the spirit of summer fun, here are things that have made me happy lately:

I fell into a local music hole the other day, and I never want to come out. I keep listening to Sweet Dark-Haired Man. Joan Shelley's voice sounds vintage and familiar (in a way that makes her songs feel like old favorites), and I love any song with a good whistle in it.

A post about endearing annoyances.

A strawberry cake in the woods. I need more picnics in my life.

As much as I love stargazing, I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to constellations. The only one I can consistently identify is the Big Dipper! I'd love to wear this Big Dipper necklace (via blue moss).

And wouldn't this dress be fun for summer adventures?

* * * 

Speaking of summer adventures, I need to get busy and plan some summer getaways.

Have a great weekend!

*

P.S. Thanks for all of your well-wishes for my dad. He got great results back from the doctor!




1 comment:

  1. Every time I go to Posie Gets Cozy I am reminded that my cakes never ever look that good in or out of the woods...

    That necklace is brilliant- love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin