Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Red Scarf on a Gray Day



Whew...it's been a long week. I'm so glad it's Friday! 

I finally finished weaving in the ends on the scarf I made for Craft Hope yesterday. The crocheting part had been done for a couple of weeks, but I kept putting off weaving in the ends. I don't know why I dislike that part of the process so much, but it's right up there with folding laundry and going to my literary theory class in terms of things I don't enjoy. 


I made this scarf using wool yarn I already had in my stash, and while it doesn't scream RED, the majority of the scarf is technically in the red family. 

I enjoyed making this scarf, especially because I've been wanting to make something in a wave pattern ever since I finished my ripple blanket. I used the Float Away scarf pattern on ravelry.



This scarf will be in the mail soon, and I hope it will keep a college student warm and cozy!

***

Don't forget to enter the eye pillow giveaway if you haven't already. I'll be drawing the winner tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've finished mine as well. I just have to block it.

    I like the wave. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wave pattern....I really should try it. I like the symmetry of your pattern -- you did good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcomed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin