My husband's grandpa passed away this week. It's been an emotional time, but it's also been time to take stock of some good things. I'm sitting here on a Sunday night with a cup of hot tea, my hair still wet from a warm shower. Jude is sound asleep, and I've got a good book waiting on my bedside table.
This week I'm grateful for:
- hearing Jude's belly laughs and watching him interact with many generations of family.
- being with my husband's family to say goodbye to his grandpa.
- celebrating my husband's birthday with him.
- knitting baby bear hats for two little girls expected to arrive in the coming weeks.
- teaching a friend to knit.
- receiving a skein of handspun yarn.
- finishing a sweater, hat, and booties for Jude. (He will be the warmest baby on the block.)
- going to a festival downtown, where I finally figured out what 3-D printing means.
- letting fall breezes blow through open windows.
- spending a rainy afternoon at a coffee shop.
- feeding Jude his first solid food. (He's not so sure he likes it.)
* * * * *
What good things are going on in your life? I'd love to hear what you're appreciating lately.
I'm joining up with Wooly Moss Roots for Gratitude Sunday.