I assembled my teapot tonight and trimmed some teacups to go with it. It still needs a couple of firings, glaze, and a handle before I can have a tea party. If it were ready now, I'd invite you for tea. We'd have black tea with cream and eat cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese frosting (they're in the fridge now, calling my name).
I'd tell you that:
- I need three-day weekends every week.
- The house smells like strawberries because I bought gallons of them this weekend. I baked strawberry cupcakes and made sweet strawberry jam. Bowls full of berries wait in the fridge for me to make strawberry ice cream and another batch of jam. And the freezer is packed with strawberries for smoothies and muffins.
- I cleared a place along our fence and planted six tomato plants. They all have charming names: Golden Jubilee, Cherokee Purple, Brandywine, San Marzano, and Japanese Black Trifele. I've forgotten the sixth one, and it's too dark now to look.
- I really need to weed my herb garden. It's getting embarrassingly overgrown. Just focus on the tomatoes for now. Please don't look at the herb garden!
- K put together a couple of Adirondack chairs today. We sat outside at twilight eating strawberries and drinking red wine as the stars and lightning bugs appeared. Our house feels like home these days.
- I recently cast on a lacy wool pullover in a pale gray yarn.
- We celebrated my dad's birthday this weekend. Please send good thoughts his way. He gets some test results back from the doctor this week, and I'm hoping so hard that they're good.
* * *
Then, I'd pour you another cup of tea and maybe let you get a word in edgewise.
What would you tell me over tea?